Monday, January 3, 2011

2011 Begins with a Package!

And we're off! Today I received a much anticipated package, full of books purchased with my Christmas money. I had hoped the books would be in before the start of 2011. Unfortunately, they didn't arrive until today.
So, three days late already, I have begun my journey with the book Shadowrise by Tad Williams. This book is the third in a series of four. (I reread the first two while waiting!) The fourth book, Shadowheart is next on my list. These massive volumes run at about 600-700 pages
each, so it may be a little while before I finish them! In hindsight, it might
not have been a good idea to start with two never-ending stories, but hey, I've got 362 days left.
Plenty of time, right?

<- These are all the books that came in my package, and therefore and preview of some of the books I will be reading in the next few months. I am especially excited about Matched, because I have heard so many wonderful things about it!



Keep checking back to see what I think of these books, and how my challenge is coming along!

1 comment:

  1. You took my recommendation on The Giver!! Such a good book and such an easy read! Can't wait to read about your book adventures. So glad I have smart, ambitious friends!

    ReplyDelete