Tuesday, March 1, 2011

February Progress Report!

Drum roll, please...

Books Read: 13 / 24 total
Books to go: 87

Best Book of February: Don't Judge a Girl by Her Cover by Ally Carter
Worst Book of February: The Secret Hour by Scott Westerfeld

0 (0) out of 5 nonfiction
0 (1) out of 10 classics
0 (3) out of 15 New York Times Bestsellers

Genres: 5 out of 10
11 (18 total) Young Adult
0 (3) Fantasy
0 (1) Classic
1 (1) Thriller
1 (1) Romance

2 out of 5 books on my Must Read List

So, 13 books in February, not bad at all! However, you may have noticed that 11 out of those 13 were young adult. Now, I do have a good excuse for reading so much YA (I want to be an English teacher and I'm preparing my classroom library. But really, who needs an excuse? YA is just more fun.) However, I don't want to be accused of cheating by reading 111 short easy YA books. I want to do this thing for real. Therefore, I have set a new goal for March: to read more "adult" books than YA books.

One last thing. You may have noticed that I haven't posted any reviews in a while. Well, I have my new job, substitute teaching, to thank for that. No, it's not that subbing has kept me so busy that I haven't had time to write reviews. Actually quite the opposite. One of the numerous benefits of my new job is apparently a nice case of the flu. So, I haven't really been up to blogging lately, but I did want to go on and post this since February is over! But hopefully I'll catch up on some reviews in the next few days, so check back! :)

1 comment:

  1. Oh no, Holly! I'm sorry those nasty high-schoolers gave you the flu! Those jerks. Feel better soon. Arm yourself with Airborne and Emergen-c haha. I hope you are 100% soon!

    ReplyDelete