Tuesday, February 1, 2011

January Progress Report

The first month of my challenge is finished! I am quite happy with my completion of 11 out of 111 books. Make sure you check out the pages on the right to see a complete list of what I've read so far and a list of what I hope to read. Here's a summary of my progress, including the mini-goals I set for myself (see this post):

Books Read: 11
Books to go: 100

Best Book of January: Matched by Ally Condie
Worst Book of January: Fire by Kristin Cashore

0 out of 5 nonfiction
1 out of 10 classics
3 out of 15 New York Times Bestsellers (although they were all from the YA bestseller list, does that count??)

Genres: 3 out of 10
7 Young Adult
3 Fantasy
1 Classic

1 out of 5 books on my Must Read List.

So, as you can see, I have done pretty good on the number of books read, but not very good on the whole reading out of my comfort zone thing. It's all been young adult or fantasy, or most often YA fantasy. So I need suggestions, people! Suggestions of books in other genres... Or if you have any YA or fantasy suggestions, tell me those too, because I can't quit cold turkey or anything...

1 comment:

  1. I love the report :) Keep reading! I also love reading your reviews :)

    ReplyDelete